About the role
In October 2022 we launched a new way of working within Turn Furlong (Kingsthorpe, Northampton), to provide a new integrated health and social care model of care for people needing short term support upon discharge from hospital.
The 'Recovering Independence Bed' unit will be delivered by a range of staff, from both health and social care settings. Our team will deliver clinical care, rehabilitation support and care support, ensuring people experience the best quality of service they can, in a prompt and seamless way.
The services will provide a unique opportunity to work with a dedicated team, with experience from both elements of health and social care, to deliver vital intermediate care for people in Northamptonshire.
The team will provide quality care for our people, specialising in rehabilitation/reablement and sub-acute care for people discharged from acute hospitals.
As the focus of the centres is rehabilitation and reablement you will be working in an integrated multi-disciplinary team that includes senior nurses, staff nurses, unregistered staff, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, medical staff and social care colleagues. This is a really exciting opportunity to be part of this new way of working from the start!
What will you be doing?
As a Business Support Assistant within one of our care homes, you’ll provide a wide range of administrative support to managers and colleagues specifically within your team but also generally across the company. This includes responding to standard enquiries and correspondence, maintaining your manager’s diaries and meeting schedules, and undertaking other tasks as required.
Our Business Support Assistants will also be required to cover reception when needed and respond to telephone and face to face enquiries, so it’s essential to the role that you have exceptional communication skills, great attention to detail and a willingness to complete tasks to the highest possible standard.
Working Monday - Friday, 37 hours per week.
You will need:
- Good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Previous experience in an administrative role.
- Experience of using IT systems to produce a range of documents, coordinate and manage information, and monitor resources.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Car Lease scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
We're a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we're embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is 'to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive'. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
At West Northants Council, it's about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.